Refog Review - The Introduction
If time is spent by your kids chatting or playing video games, they may be approached or threatened by strangers online. Internet has anonymity, and anonymity gives child molesters a sense of protection from punishment. The remedy? Monitor your children's online activities to make sure they aren't talking to people they shouldn't be talking to.
Refog Personal Monitor was developed for small families that need to deal with Internet issues such as addiction, detecting bad behaviors, and more. With this software, you will be alerted when there are issues with your family's browsing habits online.
Complete surveillance is offered by Refog Personal Monitor by adding instant security alerts delivered directly to your computer. Refog Personal Monitor will alarm you if any such thing happens at home, no matter when it happens! The product is perfect to look after the members of your home while they use the Internet
Refog's Main Features:
- All keystrokes typed.
- Web history logging.
- Screenshot history.
- Invisible mode with password protections.
- Application monitoring and file tracking.
- Instant message monitoring.
- Email reports.
- Comprehensive settings and reports.
Refog Monitoring Features Review
Refog Personal Monitor enables you to setup and configure multiple alerts on harmful or undesired keystrokes sent or obtained on their computer. Establish your alarms, and get notified promptly with real-time alerts if a pre-defined event occurs on the monitored computer. You can readily set Refog Personal Monitor to alert you by email. Templates are accessible to filter keystrokes that include pre-defined trigger phrases, making false alerts practically impossible. Refog Personal includes the following features:
- Keystroke Recording - Refog registers all keys pressed by the user of the monitored computer, acting as a keylogger. This function records all information which has been entered by your kids or an employee making use of a computer keyboard, including chats, user names, passwords, emails, search queries and other content. In addition to key logging, Refog is also capable to log clipboard text.
- Internet History Logging - Even when users delete their browser's history, the information is kept in Refog's log database and usually accessible via the reports function. All pertinent information is gathered including URLs visited, page titles and the timestamp.
- Screenshot History - With the ability to customize, Refog takes full-size screenshots of the desktop computer display. This helps to ensure that the log of what has been typed by the consumer is copied with visual signs of precisely what they're doing online. Without being monitored, employees are known to get caught up with excessive web browsing, shopping and other personal duties. With screenshot history, it's always feasible to collect evidence if an employee is squandering the business' time. Multiple screen configurations are supported!
So what is missing in the Refog Personal monitoring features list? Based on our checklist of features we would like to see in every monitoring spy software product, Refog is missing the ability to record emails sent other than viewing what was typed in an email via the keystrokes log, there's no way to see the full email sent. Also, there's no method to capture emails received, webmail emails, Internet connections, files printed, or activity logging such as system shutdowns.
Need a side by side comparison? Check out the TopFiveAwards spy software comparison chart to make sure the features you need are included!
Refog Content Filtering Features Review
Unfortunately, we have nothing positive to report in the content filtering review. A massive negative for Refog Personal is the fact that they offer no content filtering features.
If you need to be able to filter applications run, website filtering, chat filtering, activity event logging, block social networks, or any other features, you will need to look elsewhere. For these features and more, we recommend SpyAgent. See our SpyAgent review for more information.
Refog Reporting Features Review
Using Refog Personal Monitor, you have the ability to configure which of the users and programs you'd like to monitor and record, when to automatically clear the log file, and the log file's maximum size. Analyzing the record history will also not be difficult as you can customize not only the period for viewing, but also perform a search on the available data. One more important thing is that Refog Personal Monitor is capable of sending the log files to an email address or FTP server of your choosing. Refog cannot store log files in a LAN environment, if you need LAN storage, a much better solution would be an employee monitoring software solution.
It is not necessary to gain physical access to monitored computers in order to view their logs. All reports can be delivered via email, and can be read anywhere.
We at MonitoringSpySoftware found that Refog is currently missing the ability to generate top 10 lists based on log data and a method to deliver logs via FTP.
Refog Security Features Review
Refog Personal Monitor is protected with a password and can be accessed by both typing the keyword or pressing the hot key combination. Purchasers of this software can configure the text of the warning message and turn on or off its monitoring as needed. One major flaw we found is the folder in which this software is installed is easily found and you also cannot specify a specific date that the software should automatically uninstall with no remote way to uninstall it either.
If you need to hide the fact you are monitoring a computer, simply enable the Refog stealth mode setting which makes the software run in a hidden state that should keep prying eyes off the fact that you are monitoring them. Refog, in stealth mode, cannot be found in the program folder, control panel or system tray. If required, the program can be shown using a special command or hot key. In addition, it is possible to protect Refog with a password so users are unable to erase their logs if they happen to enter the keyboard key combination you configure.
With Refog, we were unable to find several security features we'd like to see in every monitoring spy software including the ability to set security preferences, schedule logging capabilities, lock down scheduling, splash screen alerting system, and the ability to monitor portable drives.
Refog Personal Review Conclusion
In our opinion, Refog needs more features to warrant the $69.95 price tag. With the amount of features this monitoring software is missing, we feel the proper price range is around $39.95 when compared to the other products on MonitoringSpySoftware.com.
Macintosh users are currently better suited with AceSpy for Mac, see our AceSpy review, as the price for Refog Personal for Mac is around 30% higher that their PC edition. We prefer AceSpy's Mac version because it is the exact same price as their PC edition and it includes more features.
- For PC: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
- For Mac: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), or Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion).